Due to continued business growth, we are looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator to work as part of a determined and professional team, producing high-value 1-off components. Programming and machining tasks are varied and interesting, ranging from conventional 3-axis machining to complex 3D surfaces using 5-axis machining techniques.
Typical projects include producing scaled-down military and civilian aircraft models, comprising over 100 parts, which are assembled together and used as highly accurate forces/pressures measuring devices within the high-speed (transonic) wind tunnel on site.
As a CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator, your responsibilities will include:
• Off-line ECS programming using Delcam Powermill and Powershape (importing geometry, modelling supports/fixtures, establishing tooling and clamping sequences, creating optimum cutter paths, determining speeds and feeds, posting programs).
• Raise “program master record” (PMR) sheets as instructions on how to manufacture the part.
• Prepare and operate 3-, 4- and 5-axis CNC milling machines (new machining centres arriving in phases throughout the next year).
• Understand the task at hand by reading engineering drawings, and achieve the desired result by following machining instructions (PMR sheets).
• Prepare and load raw materials (high-grade steels, aluminium) and parts onto the machines.
• Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks, making any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
• Inspect and measure finished products and compare to drawing dimensions/tolerances.
• Record data of machining operations on Route Cards.
The ideal applicant will be a time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator.
Essential skills are:
• The ability to interpret engineering drawings and CAD models.
• Competent and confident to carry out off-line ECS programming.
• Competent and confident to set and operate 3- and 4-axis vertical CNC milling machines.
• Online programming experience, to improve machining performance.
• Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
• Proficient in the use of Delcam Powermill and Powershape.
• Proficient to set and operate 5-axis vertical milling machines (on-the-job training will be provided, where timescales permit).
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established precision manufacturing team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
We offer competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed. Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution. Generous shift and overtime premiums are offered when required.
• Pension & Life Assurance
Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
• Private Medical Insurance
Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
• Car Parking
There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements, including 5 years UK residency.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer