We are looking to recruit an experienced SHEQ Compliance Assistant looking to expand their experience and able to support the Compliance Manager in the maintenance and improvement of the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) systems, processes and procedures. Your duties will vary from providing support in the training and development of all staff to ensure awareness and understanding of the importance of SHEQ; support the managers to maintain safe working environments and carry out ongoing review of risk assessments.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Managing, reviewing and updating the documented the SHEQ systems and practices of the organization.
• Ensuring the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations and maintaining records.
• Ensuring the completion and regular review of CoSHH risk assessments for all chemicals and substances and maintaining records.
• Maintaining SHEQ inspection databases, i.e. measuring equipment, lifting equipment, etc.
• Carrying out internal audits and workplace inspections, generating reports and progressing corrective action.
• Keeping records of accidents, incidents and near misses and producing statistics and reports for the business.
• Carry out new starter inductions and ensure staff notice boards are up to date.
Essential skills and qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience within a similar role, ideally in an engineering workplace.
• Manufacturing/engineering background HNC/HND level background in an engineering/manufacturing or related discipline.
• Knowledge of one or more aspects of SHE & Quality Management Systems gained through relevant experience and underpinned through formal qualifications.
• NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and the ability to translate these requirements in the workplace (e.g. Electricity at work, DSE, Working at Heights etc.).
• Use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Trained internal auditor.
In addition the successful candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Ability to work to set deadlines and manage own workload to achieve them.
• Willing to work effectively as a sole contributor or as part of a team.
• Ability to develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels.
• Well organised.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to become part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
We offer competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed. Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution.
• Pension & Life Assurance
Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
• Private Medical Insurance
Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
• Car Parking
There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements, including 5 years continuous UK residency.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer