We are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to lead and manage the SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) and Quality Management Systems in accordance with the required legislative standards and within the operational business constraints. To provide guidance and co-ordination on all SHEQ issues to management and staff as appropriate.
The Compliance Manager will be required to develop policies, facilitating their implementation across the business. They will work actively alongside departmental managers to set realistic short and long term health, safety and environmental objectives and provide support to all areas of the business to ensure practical solutions to health and safety issues.
Main duties and responsibilities
1 Manage and implement quality, health, safety and environmental policies, systems and practices throughout the organisation – ensuring the Company meets its statutory obligations and compliance with relevant legislation – including maintenance of existing accreditations.
2 Identify opportunities for improvement in SHEQ areas and devising and implementing programmes to deliver these.
3 Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
4 Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
5 Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported; safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and managers and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
6 Manage the Quality Management System and any required improvements together with managing the relationships with external auditors and verifiers.
7 Ensure customer requirements are met with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction. Identify and/or report on non-conformities to prevent recurrence. Monitor and report the customer satisfaction index to Senior Management, follow-up and monitor resulting actions.
8 Monitor and Implement appropriate actions relating to the Business Continuity Plan and lead internal meetings as required (e.g. SHE Committee and Quality).
9 Managing projects, in a largely independent manner and reporting completed assignments through written documentation.
10 Provide support, advice, training and coaching to other managers and employees, as required.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience within a similar background.
• In depth knowledge of one or more aspects of SHE & Quality Management Systems gained through relevant experience and underpinned through formal qualifications.
• At least NEBOSH General certificate level with evidence of continuing professional development.
• COSHH trained.
• Good knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and the ability to translate these requirements in the workplace (e.g. Electricity at work, DSE, Working at Heights etc).
• Trained internal auditor.
• Able to devise and deliver basic SHE training for employees and managers as required.
• Manufacturing/engineering background.
• Trained BSI 9001 internal auditor.
• HNC/D level background in an engineering/manufacturing or related discipline.
Other skills required
• Able to articulate and apply specialist knowledge in a real world commercial environment.
• Strong communication skills including some mentoring/coaching.
• Clear, concise report writing skills – able to explain appropriately to different levels across the business.
• Able to lead and facilitate cross functional teams in SHEQ matters.
• Willing to work effectively as a sole contributor or as part of a team.
• Credible and able to persuade and motivate others.
Hours of work will be 38 hours per week, Monday-Friday, however we will consider applicants who wish to work part-time.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
The position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a successful and ambitious company.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer