A new role has become available within our busy Finance and Purchasing team.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the Import and Export of items, to manage the administrative aspects of UK Government and EU grant claims, to enter bank information into the SAP accounting system and to manage the invoicing and debt control process, administering the paperwork behind the commercial bid management process.
This will involve a broad variety of responsibilities including:-
• Import/Export controls and reporting (including ITAR). Liaison with HMRC, managing any HMRC or similar audits;
• Preparing grant claims, managing associated audits;
• Banking – preparing reconciliations, booking transactions on a daily basis;
• Invoicing – issuing and controlling the invoicing process and the associated debtor reporting and being the prime officer for debt collection;
• Attendance at internal meetings covering Bid reviews, Customer Service reviews and contract acceptance. Preparing necessary paperwork in advance and following such meetings;
• Providing cover for Purchasing Manager as required.
The successful applicant must have good, recent knowledge of Import/Export regulations, ideally including ITAR standards and import tariffs /duty. This will have been gained through relevant work experience and developed by formal as well as ongoing self-identified training. In addition they will also have experience of the detail of the bidding and contracting process and the management of supporting paperwork. Knowledge of UK Government and EU grant claims management process, and associated audits would also be an advantage.
Applicants need to be financially literate, possibly a part professionally qualified accountant or with similar standard of financial experience, with good systems experience and a willingness and interest to learn and keep their knowledge up to date. They will also need to have confidence in their knowledge and judgement and be able to deal with challenge from internal Project Managers and external auditors and HMRC, always demonstrating a commercial outlook.
The successful candidate will also be highly organised, well prepared and with good attention to detail.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements (including 5 years continuous UK residency).
Applications, including enclosing a current CV, should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer