We are looking to recruit an Electrician to ensure the maintenance and installation of all on site ARA electrical services and systems in accordance with current IEE (Low Voltage) and HS6626-2010 (High Voltage) Regulations. The successful candidate will be working as part of an integrated team with both electrical and mechanical biased engineers
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance of ARA plant, site/infrastructure (Commercial) supply and mechanical workshop machinery.
- Repair of plant and equipment in the event of failure.
- Undertake fixed electrical installation testing.
- Support maintenance and installation of High Voltage electrical infrastructure – 11kV and 3.3Kv supplies.
- As an appointed Authorised Person, switch and test of High Voltage electrical systems in support of Transonic Wind Tunnel (TWT) operations – 11kV and 3.3kV supplies.
- Undertake test of portable appliances and emergency lighting.
Qualifications and Experience
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Electrical Installation or Engineering related subject(s)
- City and Guilds Craft (2382 or equivalent) or ONC in Electrical Engineering.
- 17th Edition (Amendment 3) Regulation Accreditation
- Portable Appliance (City and Guilds 2377 or equivalent) Accredited Training
- Ability to receive and implement clear instructions
- Ability to Work at Height
- Ability to work in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – without incurring undue risk to yourself and colleagues in the execution of duties
- City and Guilds accredited High Voltage Authorised Persons course
- Electrical Installation Testing (City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 or equivalent).
The successful candidate must satisfy ARA’s security clearance requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for the above position please send a covering letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer