Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this is an excellent opportunity to lead the Electrical, Mechanical and Site Maintenance teams to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, delivery of maintenance programs to enable readiness of ARA’s Transonic Wind Tunnel, plant and associated facilities (including High Voltage equipment) to enable delivery of our testing portfolio. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership credentials including inter-personal, people-management and influencing skills and will be used to working under pressure ensuring tight deadlines are met.
1. To ensure the availability of ARA’s Transonic Wind tunnel and associated plant and facilities to deliver ARA’s commercial project portfolio.
2. To be responsible for the safe and efficient management of the Infrastructure operations resources.
3. To deliver a published Planned Preventative Maintenance programme defined by the Chief Engineer and monitor improvements using Infrastructure Performance Management metrics.
4. To share fault reporting data and responses within agreed times and standards (unplanned maintenance).
5. To support Design and Manufacture Workshop machine maintenance and associated power supplies, as required
6. To deliver longer-term Infrastructure investment programmes for capability improvements.
7. To ensure the cost centres are managed within agreed annual budget.
8. To lead and manage the appraisal system and objective setting for the team members.
9. To ensure the skills and capability of the team meets the current and future needs of the business including compliance with statutory SHE training requirements.
10. To manage the team’s apprenticeship programme and ensure supervision and coaching of trainees.
11. To ensure the effective sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/ service providers for supporting Infrastructure delivery requirements in conjunction with the Procurement Manager.
12. To ensure all team members operate safely, are trained and competent and adhere to H&S requirements of the areas and that relevant risk assessments and work instructions are in place.
13. To communicate and co-ordinate regularly with Experimental Aerodynamics, other operational teams and stakeholders. Formal route is via Plant meetings to agree tactical delivery priorities and Sales and Operational Planning meetings to agree medium-term delivery issues.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• A minimum of HND (or equivalent) in a technical/engineering discipline.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a technical project-based and/or maintenance environment.
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering procedures, tools and staff skills required in order to assign appropriately-skilled resources to meet project requirements.
• Excellent computer skills (MS-office and IT-based maintenance packages).
• Have a self-disciplined approach, ensuring continuous adherence to the Company standards and procedures in order to improve business performance.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to improve standards and be driven by continuous improvement.
• Be capable of applying problem-solving techniques in a logical, competent and timely manner.
• Be a confident, self-motivated individual committed to ensuring that stakeholders needs are met.
• Ability to work under pressure.
Hours of work will be 38 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer