We are looking to recruit a Mechanical (Maintenance) Engineer to work as part of an integrated Engineering Services team to be responsible for supporting the day to day maintainability, serviceability, reliability and availability of ARA plant, Equipment, Machine Tools and Site Services. The successful applicant will be proficient and experienced in the maintenance of large plant hydraulic and pneumatic systems, motors and pumps.
Reporting to the Mechanical Services Manager the main duties will include:
• Maintaining operational availability of plant, equipment, machine tools and site wide services – Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
• Responding effectively and efficiently to unplanned occurrences and breakdowns to restore operational capability of plant and services.
• Supporting Transonic Wind Tunnel (TWT) operations through pre and post-test inspections of mechanical systems. Monitor system performance during operational cycle.
• Maintaining domestic aspects of site infrastructure, ie heating, plumbing and drainage.
• Implementing, testing and commissioning new plant and equipments in accordance with defined requirements and supervisory instructions.
Other duties will include:
• Maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance activities within Engineering Services.
• Making recommendations for process improvements and equipment enhancements.
• Maintaining and/or improving environmental aspects of ARA operations.
• Observing ARA Quality Standards and Health and Safety Procedures.
• Working shifts, as necessary, to support operational aspects of ARA TWT operations.
• Working at Height and in Confined Spaces
The successful applicant will have undertaken a time-served Mechanical Apprenticeship and consolidated that with a number of years hands-on experience in mechanical (maintenance) engineering. You will also possess NVQ Level 3 in subject matter relevant to mechanical (maintenance) engineering and an ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
Hours of work: 0630-1430 and 1400-2200 alternating weeks, Monday to Friday. However, you are required to be flexible with regard to your working hours because as and when business conditions dictate it may be necessary to introduce a day shift or extended shift arrangements.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
The position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a successful and ambitious company.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer