We are looking to recruit a Fitter’s Mate to assist with the running and upkeep of the Transonic Wind Tunnel and associated equipment. As directed by the Leading Hand or Mechanical Fitter, your main duties will be:
• To control and monitor the 11000 volt Main Transonic Fan Motor and the Sulzer Axial Compressor and Motor, and record meter readings as appropriate.
• Responsible for carrying out site, plant and machine tool maintenance work in accordance with supervisory instructions.
• Responsible for the repair of plant and equipment during breakdown in accordance with supervisory instructions.
• Good all-round mechanical engineering know-how.
• Experience of motors, pumps, hydraulics, water treatment equipment.
• Safety conscious of all plant and equipment in an industrial environment.
• Keen to increase own skills.
• Flexible, co-operative and able to work unsupervised for long periods.
Your hours of work will be 0630-1430 and 1400-2200 alternating weeks (40 hours), Monday to Friday. You are required to be flexible with regard to your working hours as when business conditions dictate. It is a contractual condition that we may change your normal hours of work by introducing a day shift (38hrs per week) or extended shift arrangements.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established precision manufacturing team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
We offer competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed. Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution. Generous shift and overtime premiums are offered when required.
• Pension & Life Assurance
Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
• Private Medical Insurance
Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
• Car Parking
There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer