Reporting to the HR Manager, the newly created role of HR Advisor is responsible for delivering an efficient, supportive and friendly day to day operational HR service to all employees as part of a busy small team. This will include supporting team leaders/managers on the full range of generalist HR areas and assisting with HR projects and management reporting.
• Selecting, recruiting and onboarding employees (including assisting in developing and delivering inductions)
• Advising employees on the employee benefits and services provided by ARA, e.g. healthcare, pension (non-financial advice), EAP etc.
• Provide advisory support to team leaders/line managers and employees on all HR matters, supporting employee relations and promoting positive working practices. This would include a wide range of operational HR issues including capability, performance and general employee relations matters - working through simple (and assisting in more complex) cases across all departments to ensure consistency of approach.
• Assist HR Manager with payroll management (checking and verification) and dealing with queries as required.
• Assist to proactively manage sickness absence in line with good management practice and in line with company policy.
• Under guidance, assisting through the investigation, disciplinary and grievance processes.
• Support the delivery of key HR initiatives including reviewing policies and procedures, supporting the appraisal process, training and development.
• Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices including enhancing use of the HR System (People Inc).
• Providing advice and guidance on policies, procedures and any changes to all employees or team leaders and managers.
• Manage and support our Apprenticeship programme.
• Work with the HR Manager and other functional managers to ensure prioritised training needs are met in a cost effective manner and within budgetary restraints (including technical, managerial skills and mandatory H&S related).
• Supporting the HR Assistant including employment paperwork; auditing and reviewing processes and records in line with company and legal requirements.
• Support any ad hoc HR requirements such as HR project related work.
The successful candidate must be:
• Ideally educated to degree standard.
• A professional HR qualification desirable (at least level 5 CIPD or actively working towards).
• Able to demonstrate continuing professional development.
• A minimum of 2 years solid experience within a HR Generalist role, ideally in an SME.
• Sound working knowledge of up to date UK Employment Legislation and working with internal or outsourced payroll function.
• Good experience of successfully handling challenging issues and advising on appropriate courses of action to team supervisors and managers.
• Good Microsoft Office & Excel skills and experience of data analysis and interpretation.
• Experience of working with an HR database including creating reports and management information.
• Experience of working within a manufacturing/engineering organization – Desirable not essential.
The role would suit someone who has/is:
• Good organisational skills, including time management, able to prioritise and multi-task.
• Good numeracy with strong attention to detail.
• A dynamic and proactive approach in taking ideas to completion and problem solving .
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written and well developed listening skills and the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade.
• Ability to build strong working relationships independently and as part of a team.
• Flexible, resilient and demonstration of a positive, 'can do' attitude.
• Able to work with pace and remain calm and patient under pressure – embracing of change.
In return we can offer you a rare opportunity to develop your skills and experience across the full generalist HR spectrum in a varied and stimulating environment.
The competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (including study support) will enable you to progress your career in a successful and ambitious company with a worldwide customer base.
All candidates must be able to satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the role and giving current salary/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer