We are looking to recruit an experienced Inspector to work as part of a small team, completing inspection work in a timely manner and to budget within the job requirements and to company standards, using the Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and Leica Optical Scanner. Responsibilities include completing component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances, reporting results and briefing Customers regarding inspection results during model buy-offs.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with the specification given in the route cards, service requests or supervisory instructions.
• Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans, with regular communication of schedules to the Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team Leader and other Section Leaders.
• Monitor schedule adherence and raise resourcing concerns to line manager.
• Raise Concession Reports (when required), on advice from line manager, for submission and approval to Customers.
• Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainee members of the section.
• Ensure that the minimum direct (project) booking requirement is achieved (detailed at the top of this job description for reference), using correct project codes for work completed.
• Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
• Observe ARA Quality Standards and Health and Safety procedures.
Essential skills and qualifications:
• Experienced and competent inspector, using hand-held metrology instruments, precision CMM and Optical Scanning Systems
• Competent to programme CMM using PCDMIS software (ideally including 2018 version)
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, in order to plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using ARA templates
• Confident to explain and deliver inspection results to internal stakeholders (typically Project Managers, MMC staff and Test Engineers) and Customers during buy-offs.
• Working knowledge of conducting Optical Tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting using 3DScanner software (desirable)
• Working knowledge of Delcam Powershape, to create and manipulate 3D models as necessary (desirable)
In addition the successful candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• A time-served engineer with demonstrable experience at precision inspecting
• A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
• Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that project schedules are met or exceeded
• Attention to detail, in terms of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules
• Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working
• Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
We offer competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed. Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution. Generous shift and overtime premiums are offered when required.
• Pension & Life Assurance
Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
• Private Medical Insurance
Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
• Car Parking
There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements, including 5 years UK residency.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.