Due to internal moves an opportunity has arisen for an interim Chief Financial Officer to join our business and contribute to its continued success. It is envisaged to be for at least 12 months starting as soon as possible. The role is currently full time but part time working of 4 days per week will be considered for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all Company financial activities are carried out in accordance with standard procedures and legislative obligations and also ensure that at all times the day to day solvency of the Company is maintained.
You will also participate in the overall leadership and strategic direction of ARA and have line management responsibility (directly and indirectly) for the Finance /Purchasing /Commercial team.
Key Elements of Job
1. Work closely with the Chief Executive and provide advice and recommendations in all matters concerning legal, commercial, financial and tax matters.
2. Provide the ARA Senior Management Team with all the necessary financial, budget and forecast information required to enable the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team to lead the Company.
3. To be the Business prime interface with Company Auditors, and Company Audit Committee.
4. To be responsible for the accounts of the business and manage the Finance department on staff and financial practices. Preparation, accuracy and presentation of all financial and management reports and review as necessary to ensure maximum benefits obtained. Including all period end and year end matters.
5. Control and manage Company Cash resources to ensure maximum return on investments with minimal cost to the Company.
6. Regular review of overhead costs and charge rates. Various specific ad-hoc exercises including forecasts, budgets and 5 year plans.
7. Carry out any other duties as determined by the Chief Executive, which may be required in order to facilitate the efficient and effective running of the Association. Including but not limited to supporting CE at Director Level Board Meetings on all aspects of the Business finances.
8. Regular review of overhead costs and charge rates. Various specific ad-hoc exercises including forecasts, budgets and 5 year plans.
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Strong accounting knowledge with previous senior financial experience, preferably at Board level;
• A professional UK accountancy qualification;
• Proven staff management experience;
• Experience working at a senior level within an SME and not just large corporates;
and ideally have:
• Previous Interim FD experience in a project based business;
• Some legal experience and company secretarial experience;
• Investor relations experience.
The role would suit someone who is
• An individual of the highest integrity and ethical standards
• Professional with appropriate personal gravitas
• Has the ability to “hit the ground running” and take on tasks with limited direction
• Flexible in approach and a strong team player
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements – including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a very successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
The position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a successful and ambitious company.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter giving your current salary/requirements and outlining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer