Due to continued business growth, we are looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated manufacturing engineer to work as part of a determined and professional team.
The successful candidate will have skills and experience in programming, setting and operating manual and CNC lathes. The ability to complete manufacturing using EDM wire and plunge machines is also a highly desirable skill; if not currently held a desire to be trained on this capability will be advantageous.
Tasks and responsibilities include.
• Understanding the task at hand by reading engineering drawings to achieve the desired result.
• Preparing and loading raw materials (high-grade steels, aluminium) and parts onto the machines.
• Carrying out programming, setting and operating manual and CNC lathes under the direction of the Section Team Leader, working within budget and to schedule.
• Inspecingt and measuring finished products and compare to drawing dimensions/tolerances.
• Recording data of machining operations on Route Cards.
The ideal applicant will be a time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a Manual and CNC Lathe Programmer/Setter/Operator.
• The ability to interpret engineering drawings and CAD models.
• Competent and confident to set and operate manual and CNC lathes.
• Offline CNC Lathe programming experience, using Alphacam.
• Online CNC Lathe programming experience, using Fanuc controls.
• Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
• Willing to upskill to gain proficiency setting and operating EDM wire and plunge machines.
• Proficient to set and operate 5-axis vertical milling machines (on-the-job training will be provided, where timescales permit).
• Offline programming experience (familiarity with Delcam PowerMill and PowerShape is highly preferable).
• Proficient setting and operating EDM wire and plunge machines.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established precision design team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
We offer competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed. Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution. Generous shift and overtime premiums are offered when required.
• Pension & Life Assurance
Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
• Private Medical Insurance
Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
• Car Parking
There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements, including 5 years current continuous UK residency.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.