We are looking for a proficient IT Professional to help us deliver a first class service to our internal customers. The successful candidate will support the IT Manager in delivery and completion of IT objectives to the business by ownership of delegated responsibilities – in particular the management of all external links to the ARA network.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring of IT infrastructure and network traffic to ensure service provision to the business is maintained.
• Day-to-day monitoring of ARA firewall and associated systems ensuring integrity and viability of ARA’s defences – recommending appropriate counter measures where required.
• Helping to design and plan systems and solutions during the service design stage to ensure appropriate security and controls are in place.
• Advising the IT manager on IT security developments as communicated from NCSC, CPNI and other Government departments.
• Responsibility for specific IT projects and reporting through appropriate review meetings.
• Conducting IT security tests and audits, recommending changes as/or when required.
• Day to day custodian of Risk Management & Accreditation Document Set (RMADS).
• Where appropriate supervise activities and coach other IT staff for knowledge transfer.
• Working with the IT Manager on defining overall IT strategy, advising on their specific areas of specialisation and expertise.
• Working with the IT Manager to ensure all resources and planning required for new applications and solutions are carried out in line with ARA processes and procedures.
• Ensuring the configuration data is available when and where it is needed to support other service management processes.
• Management of the server rooms.
• Deputising for the IT Security Officer/IT Manager.
• Minimum ‘A’ Level education and/or HND in a related IT discipline alongside extensive industrial experience;
• ITIL foundation certificate;
• Experience of VMWare;
• Strong experience and knowledge of IT security environments and standards; i.e. Cyber essentials plus.
• Experience of Firewall set up, configuration and monitoring;
• Strong Microsoft server and server applications knowledge and experience;
• Experience of network design and implementation;
• Strong Linux server and applications knowledge and experience;
• Experience of Sophos AV.
• Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT engineering or similar field
• ITIL Intermediate Service Lifecycle certification
• Microsoft certification in Windows servers MCSA
• Experience in supporting HPC environments
• Information Security Certification
Other key requirements of the role
• Excellent Customer Service skills.
• Focused on IT Security.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• The ability to improve business performance and processes and be driven by continuous improvement.
• The ability to use, understand and interpret the best practice, policies and procedures to ensure adherence.
• Encourage sharing knowledge and expertise.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Awareness of what IT can deliver to the business including latest capabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
We offer competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed. Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution. Generous shift and overtime premiums are offered when required.
• Pension & Life Assurance
Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
• Private Medical Insurance
Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
• Car Parking
There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements, including 5 years continuous UK residency.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer