We are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk to work within our busy Finance Department.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that all costs/expenses to the business are monitored and processed in an efficient manner and in line with company requirements. This includes processing supplier invoices and Barclaycard returns. It is a vital support to the wider finance team, inputting data used also by project managers and to inform budget holders across the business.
This will involve a broad variety of responsibilities including:-
• Setting up and maintaining the supplier master data and information using SAP B1
• Ensuring input descriptions and information is clear and appropriate
• Processing purchase invoices and Barclaycard returns
• Ensuring POs, delivery notes and other backup documentation is checked and matched
• Ensuring the necessary approvals and project/GL coding is correct and complete before invoices are processed
• Initiating regular payments by BACS, CHAPS and occasionally by cheque
• Sending email remittance advices to suppliers as required
• Maintaining direct debits schedule and reconciling payments to invoices
• Reconciling supplier statements on a rotation basis
• Filing purchase and payment related documents
• Answer invoice queries (both internal and external) by phone or email
• Ad hoc accounting work including preparation of data for auditors
The successful applicant must have at least 2-3 years of solid relevant purchase ledger experience and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the function. This will be backed up by good IT skills (Office and Excel) and any SAP B1 (or similar finance package) to process invoices and prepare payments would be an advantage. The full job description is available from HR.
Applicants need to be financially literate, and are most likely to be qualified by experience in a similar role. They will need to show a willingness and interest to learn, be very well organised and with a strong attention to detail. Good communication and team working skills are a must.
This is a rare and flexible opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and evolving professional team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements (including 5 years continuous UK residency).
Applications, including enclosing a current CV, should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer