We are seeking to recruit two Research Engineers to work in our EA Operations Department to prepare models and rigs for testing.
The successful candidates will be expected to prepare and operate facilities, rigs, equipment and models mainly associated with aerodynamic testing.
They will demonstrate the drive and commitment necessary for ensuring that work is completed in line with challenging schedule requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Working within a team environment in the preparation of models and rigs for testing to defined quality standards, giving consideration to schedule and costs.
- To maintain, calibrate and qualify specialist rigs, facilities and associated equipment.
- Assisting in the preparation of models to be tested in the wind tunnels, assisting with the installation of specialist optical measurement systems in test facilities.
- Operation and development of aerodynamic test facilities, rigs and equipment, including the operation of control systems directly associated with the facilities and specialist rigs;
- Undertake general departmental duties including model storage, organisation of equipment, rig maintenance, etc.
- Attend meetings to contribute to model and specialist rig design and their subsequent use.
- Undertake training, where necessary, in support of the above duties, to ensure that safe working practices are observed (eg forklift, facility operation, manual handling, etc).
Full training will be given in all of the specialist activities associated with this position.
The successful candidates will be experienced time served engineers, preferably educated to HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering level with experience of working in a R&D environment. Experience of working with high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems would be an advantage.
To succeed in this position, you must be flexible in your approach to working hours, which will require shift working, and to be able to respond quickly to a rapidly changing workload.
The successful candidates must satisfy security clearance requirements(including 5 years UK residency).
Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Aircraft Research Association Ltd is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.