The propeller test cell is used for model assembly, systems installation and initial dynamics trial runs prior to installation in the Transonic Wind Tunnel (TWT).
- Two metered high pressure air supplies for air motors
- High voltage power supplies for electric motors – pictured motor is 447kW (600hp)
- Reinforced control room equipped with all the required data acquisition and health monitoring systems
- Online data processing and real-time graphical displays
- Good model visibility without compromising safety
- Economic check-out facility for complex TWT models